- 1949-2015 (创建)
The collection was founded in 1977 by the writer and journalist John Gittings, then Senior Lecturer in Chinese at the Polytechnic of Central London (PCL). It was initially called the China Visual Arts Project, to provide a teaching and learning resource on the Mao era. Over the years it grew, with contributions from colleagues, students and friends who studied and travelled in China during the 1960s and 1970s. A number of posters were later acquired at auction.
Gittings left PCL in 1983 for the Guardian newspaper. The collection remained in the School of Languages for some time before moving to the Centre for the Study of Democracy, then the Contemporary China Centre. In 2015 the collection was transferred to the University of Westminster Archive. Although informally known as the Chinese Poster Collection for some years, the decision was made to revert to the collection's original name, in order to reflect the true scope of its contents and the original aims of the project.
评价, 销毁, 编制
Journal of Design History, Volume 31, Issue 4, 1 December 2018, Pages 383–394 https://doi.org/10.1093/jdh/epy031