Dannatt, Trevor

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Dannatt, Trevor

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1920-

History

Born in 1920, Trevor Dannatt studied at the Regent Street Polytechnic. In 1943 he joined the legendary British modernist couple Maxwell Fry and Jane Drew, leaving them in 1948 to join his former tutor Peter Moro, who was associated architect with Sir Leslie Martin at the London County Council Architects Department, in charge of developing the Royal Festival Hall. This was the first significant public building in Britain to be designed in a modernist idiom, and was the only permanent structure associated with the Festival of Britain. In 1952, a year after its completion, Dannatt left the LCC and has been in private practice ever since, forming Trevor Dannatt and Partners in 1970 and then Dannatt Johnson in 1990. In 2003 he was involved in a project to renew the University of Westminster's Marylebone buildings.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC