- Furnival House was built in 1916 and is a five-storey building situated in quiet grounds. It was acquired by the University between 1991 and 1993. The Hall of Residence had a large common room and each room had its own washbasin, with shared mixed bathroom facilities. Kitchens were shared between 6-12 students. The building comprised 16 large rooms, 31 standard rooms and 66 small rooms. In December 2007 the University sold the building.