Showing 22 results

Places
Places term Scope note Results
Old Gymnasium

Use for: Regent Gymnasium, Regent Street Gymnasium

11
Ambika P3

Use for: P3, Construction halls, Concrete construction hall

1
Regent Street Cinema

Use for: Royal Polytechnic Institution Theatre, RPI Theatre, Great Hall, Marlborough Hall, Polytechnic Theatre, Polytechnic Hall, Polytechnic Cinema Theatre, Cameo News Theatre, Cameo-Polytechnic Cinema, Cameo-Poly, Classic Poly, Regent Theatre, Classic Poly Cinema, Old Cinema, Lecture Theatre 1, Lecture Theatre 2

14
Deep End

Use for: Swimming Pool, Swimming Bath

27
4-12 Little Titchfield Street 6
Fyvie Hall 1
309 Regent Street (4)

Use for: 307-311 Regent Street

6
High Holborn
  • Building acquired when Holborn College of Law, Languages and Commerce merged with the Polytechnic in 1970.
1
Furnival House
  • Furnival House was built in 1916 and is a five-storey building situated in quiet grounds. It was acquired by the University between 1991 and 1993. It is close to the shops and pubs of Highgate Village and within walking distance of Hampstead Heath, Highgate Cemetery and Archway tube station. The Hall of Residence has a large common room and each room has its own washbasin, with shared mixed bathroom facilities. Some of the rooms are dramatically furnished with the bed on a raised platform. Kitchens are shared between 6-12 students. The building comprises 16 large rooms, 31 standard rooms and 66 small rooms. The Hall is for undergraduate students only and the weekly rent for 07/08 is £75.53, £82.81 or £87.50 depending on room size. In December 2007 the University sold the building.
0
Leicester Square Theatre
  • The Leicester Square Theatre opened on 19th December 1930, situated on the South-West corner of Leicester Square. It was purpose-built for both live shows and film presentations and was equipped with a Wurlitzer organ. RKO took over the Theatre in March 1931 with Gracie Fields appearing later that summer in a combined stage and screen presentation. County Cinemas took over the building the following year and altered the theatre by installing a new revolving stage and interior reconstructed by Edward Carrick as well as a new main entrance designed by Alister MacDonald. After September 1933 no further live productions took place in the theatre and it became part of the Rank cinema chain, then Odeon after the Second World War. The theatre was refurbished in 1968 and 1991. The cinema closed on 1st January 2015 to be demolished for a new hotel and 2-screen replacement cinema complex.
2
Results 1 to 10 of 22